Look What We've Done in the Past Year!
On Saturday, I celebrated my one-year anniversary with the Simsbury Chamber of Commerce not with a cake, candles, and singing, but simply with a day off! That’s been a rare thing lately as this has been a year of myriad changes and tremendous growth achieved by countless hours of hard work and commitment by the many dedicated volunteers who work tirelessly to build a better Chamber of Commerce for themselves and their fellow members.
Here are just a few of the many improvements we’ve made in just 12 short months:
- Launched a new consumer-friendly website and software program
- Published the first member directory in over five years
- Restructured committees and task forces to run more efficiently, and worked to fill vacancies
- Organized and expanded our group of Ambassadors to better meet member needs
- Successfully implemented a “Featured Member of the Month” program
- Implemented a plan to change the timing of After Hours events to 5:30 to 7:30 P. M. to accommodate businesses who stay open later
- Implemented a program change to present an educational program immediately prior to After Hours events
- Launched a new logo design that better reflects the reasons we all love to live, work, and play in Simsbury
- Launched ChamberMail, a direct mail program enabling members to connect with new area residents
- Shot and produced videos promoting Simsbury and the Chamber for our new website and provided members the opportunity to produce videos for their own websites
- Began planning our largest event of the year, Simsbury Spooktacular Chili Challenge, to be held Saturday, October 31, 2015 (Don’t miss it!)
- Established a Health and Wellness Task Force, promoting health, wellness, and physical fitness in the workplace and community through outreach, education, and participation in related events
- Planned a Chamber trip to Tuscany which will depart March 15, 2016
- Introduced “Ike on the Bike”, the Simsbury Chamber mascot who helps promote our commitment to health, wellness, and physical fitness in the workplace and in the community
- Formed a team of 11 who participated in Bike-to-Work Day
- Formed the “Simsbury Chamber Champs” team, which participated in Relay for Life of the Farmington Valley and raised $1,500 for the American Cancer Society
- Created a “Women of the Working World” (WOWW) group and held an inaugural event
- Welcomed and established the Town of Simsbury’s new Visitors Center in the Chamber offices
Yes, it’s been a busy year, but we’re not stopping here. Look at what we’re working on for the next 12 months:
- A revamping of our e-mail blast system to reduce the number of e-mails received by members, but still provide valuable information.
- Publishing a printed menu guide to our member restaurants
- Starting a “Young Professionals” group
- Holding quarterly WOWW events
- Bringing back a monthly e-mail newsletter
- Monthly new member lunches/orientation sessions
- Organizing a Health and Wellness Fair
…and so much more, so stay tuned! As always, we welcome your suggestions and ideas for making membership in the Simsbury Chamber of Commerce even MORE valuable! Just call (860) 651-7307 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from you,